The Hospital Dr. Gálvez Senology Unit is responsible for monitoring, diagnosis and treatment of any breast condition. The medical team of this specialty carries out a complete study of the breast, relying on other related specialties to obtain the most accurate diagnosis, and thus solve the increasingly frequent problems related to the breast.
In the treatment of breast diseases it is essential to have a multidisciplinary team with specialists from different medical units.
The services offered by this unit are the following:
· Senological screening for women over 40, or under 30-35 years with risk factors for breast cancer.
· Diagnosis and surgical treatment of benign and premalignant mammary lesions. Cysts, fibroadenomas, papillomas …
· Diagnosis and surgical treatment of malignant mammary lesions: conservative surgery, radical surgery and breast cancer oncoplastic surgery. Selective biopsy
· Evaluation and surgical treatment of macromastia. Breast reduction
· Evaluation and comprehensive treatment of male gynecomastia. Simple excision. Liposuction Combined techniques
· Evaluation and Surgery of breast reconstruction after mastectomy. Immediate and deferred reconstruction.
· Ultrasound guided breast surgery.
· Reconstruction of the areola-nipple complex.
· Treatment of cosmetic sequelae after conservative surgery of previous breast cancer.
· Breast cancer risk reduction surgery.
· Evaluation of genetic and family risk of breast cancer.
· Evaluation and treatment of breast surgery complications.
· Senological follow-up after cosmetic or reconstructive breast surgery.